Monday, September 20, 2010

Why Christianity is perplexing

This has been a matter that I've thought pretty hard about in recent days. Just to get it out of the way I am actually a Christian and I believe in God and the not. I just can't force myself to agree with some of the things that other Christians try to say. It's downright ignorant sometimes and with a slight hint of arrogance.
I give examples: I have a lot of atheist friends. They are the most caring and understanding buddies a person can have. Then one night at church the priest that was giving my Sunday School class stated that all people that don't believe in God are going to burn in hell for all eternity and they are evil people that need to be saved. My English teacher also said that people that don't believe in God are fools
I was downright disgusted by those comment. In the Bible it states that God loves all his children and your sins are forgiven by Jesus that died on the cross. Now your going to hell because you don't agree with the practices of a certain religion? Isn't that just a tad bit unfair?
And all this "Jesus died on the cross so that all our sins are forgiven" I also have trouble with. We have the ten commandments right? If you break one of them you will go to a very hot place that everyone is trying to talk about. They were given in the OLD TESTAMENT people. Before Jesus and the crucification.
I also don't understand this "God has a Plan for us all". I saw some appalling photo's about poverty stricken people in rural parts of the world. Children starving to death at age 5 and babies being raped by their fathers. I also see all the evil people (murderers, torturers, cannibals and all them happy people) on TV and the like. Now you come and tell me that that is God's plan? Endless suffering and death? There is no justification to this madness.
What I believe (and strongly at that) is that the world is shaped from the choices we make. Hitlers Mother and Father chose to have a son. They didn't know he was going to be a whackjob. I chose to not brush my teeth this morning so my breath stinks. Stuff like that. We should just make the right choices and not put the blame on God because his plan involved Little Timmy getting run over by a lawnmower on the head.
I also believe something kinda sad. I think the Church is trying to control us. Our kids are being brainwashed into thinking they must do everything according to the Bible. Every other outlandish influence is considered evil. That is what happened to James Hatfield and he hated his parents for that.
I mean I wear skull t-shirts. I like the style and it's a reference to my Metal passion. Why can't I wear it to Youth? O that's right , it is infested with the spirit of Satan or something. Sure if I walked in with a pentagram with a goats head it might be f**ked up, but I know that, but what's wrong with an art design ? I don't feel the need to hide it
I still believe in God and Jesus though. SOMETHING had to make the universe and everything. I even believe in evolution to a certain degree. No way in hell did the entire universe get made in a few years (the universe is 6000 years old as stated in the Bible). There is also no way it got made from a massive explosion that was made from nothing. So there has to be en entity that created something that out minds can't quite comprehend.
Anyway that is all. Use it , don't use it

No comments: